Gadfly is a plotting and data visualization system written in
It's influenced heavily by Leland Wilkinson's book The Grammar of Graphics
and Hadley Wickham's refinement of that grammar in ggplot2.
If you use Gadfly in a publication please consider citing it:
- Renders publication quality graphics to SVG, PNG, Postscript, and PDF
- Intuitive and consistent plotting interface
- Works with IJulia out of the box
- Tight integration with DataFrames.jl
- Interactivity like panning, zooming, toggling powered by Snap.svg
- Supports a large number of common plot types
Installation & Quickstart
Gadfly is registered on
METADATA.jl and so can be installed using
To create a plot it's as simple as:
- STABLE — most recently tagged version of the documentation.
- LATEST — in-development version of the documentation.
Contributing and Questions
This is a new and fairly complex piece of software. Filing an
issue to report a
bug, counterintuitive behavior, or even requesting a feature is extremely
valuable in helping us prioritize what to work on, so don't hesitate.
If you have a question then you can ask for help in the plotting team of the
Julia Slack channel or the Gitter chat room.